Summer is officially in full swing…and so is this darned hot weather! Unfortunately, as my apartment is lacking the luxury of air-conditioning, I am left to swelter. To me though, something that can give me succur during a blistering day is a tall, cool glass of lemonade. Beat the heat with cute citrus-inspired niceties ‘n knickknacks!
- Lemon Lip Gloss– to perfect your pucker, use this zingy lemon lip cream from C.O. Bigelow.
- Citrus-Striped Party Dress– Stay cool in this darling vintage frock from Avant Gaudy
- Perfect Lemonade Recipe– Wet your whistle with a refreshing glass of lemonade
Gather: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water (for simple syrup), 4-6 lemons, 3-4 cups cold water (to dilute).
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4-6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3-4 cups of cold water to taste.
4. Bejeweled Cubes– I was so pumped when I came across these ice-cube trays on worldwidefred.com. Even your beverages can be glamorous with these ice cubes inspired by precious stones!
Stay posted and stay cool!!